About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am...a Christian, a wife, a "mother" to one Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix dog, a wine lover, a high heel enthusiast and a raging BAMA fan!!!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

I Don't Want to Lose Your Love...

...TONIIIIIIGHT!  Who doesn't love that song from the awesome band that was The Outfield?  I mean, every time I hear that intro and "Josie's on a vacation far away..." I think of Tuscaloosa, the lake, and just living that awesome, care-free college lifestyle with my bestie Lindsay Ann.  Amazing memories!!!

So I'm back in the blog world after a brief hiatus that was due to just an all-around busy lifestyle with the holidays and such.  But I'll be honest...not much has happened!  Unless you count being up 9 pounds from the week before Christmas in which case THAT happened.  But I'm back in the groove and going to make things right again.  It still amazes me how hard I work to get weight off and then how easy it is to put it back on. 

All that being said, I'm back with a renewed energy for this little fun thing I do.  Jay and I have decided we are not eating out in a restaurant for the ENTIRE MONTH OF MARCH.  What??  Yup...we're doing a little experiment for two reasons:  1) to see how much weight the two of us lose together by not eating in one. single. restaurant.  2) to see how much money we save by not eating in one. single. restaurant.  For the entire month of March.  So I should have some GREAT Points Plus value meals to show you this month and be back in the swing of things big time!  What I will probably do is put 2-3 in each post so it's not an overload.  And hopefully I can throw some other fun things in there as well!

By the way...was home terribly sick Monday and watched Kitchen Boss (with Buddy Valastro from Cake Boss) on TLC and he made this Mozzarella en Carozza.  Wish they had a photo of it.  Looked amazing...and didn't help with motivation getting back on track this week!

First off on Monday I made Mexican Layered Chicken Lasagna.  It is an "official" Weight Watchers recipe and I found it by accident on the website.  Decided to try it.  In a word?  AMAZING!  The recipe makes 12 servings and each serving is only 7 Points Plus!  On the new system, I get 29 per day (plus 49 bonus per week) so 7 is good.  Paired with 15 Baked Scoops Tortilla Chips and it's a 10 Points Plus meal that is delicious and filling.  Here's the recipe:

14 small corn tortillas, cut in half
2 pounds of chicken breasts
2 cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
3 cups of fat free sour cream
2 cups of shredded, reduced fat Mexican cheese
8 oz canned chopped green chilis (I only used one 4 oz can because I'm not gung-ho about chilis)

Preheat the oven to 350 and coat a Pyrex dish with Pam.
Boil your chicken breasts until they are completely done and cut into bite size chunks
With 10 tortilla halves, cover the bottom of your Pyrex
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, beans, chilis, sour cream, and one cup of the cheese. 
Mix it up really good and divide it into three equal portions
Evenly spread one portion of the mixture over the tortillas
Top with 8 tortilla halves, another portion of the chicken mixture, then the remaining tortillas then the remaining mixture.  You get the point...it is layers and each layer should be even.
Top with the remaining cup of shredded cheese and bake for 30 minutes
Service with salsa for dipping

That's IT!  Can you believe how easy??  I'm all about easy and this has been great.  Plus, with 12 servings, we've been eating on it since Monday.

I actually didn't take a picture of it because I forgot, but here is the photo from the Weight Watchers site and honestly, it looks just like it:


If you try it, let me know how you like it!!

Okie-dokie, artichokie...that's all I have for now...but stay tuned this week and next for:
Greek Grilled Chicken with Lemon Basmati Rice & Asparagus
Pineapple Swiss Cheeseburgers with Rosemary Potatoes & Champagne Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment