About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am...a Christian, a wife, a "mother" to one Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix dog, a wine lover, a high heel enthusiast and a raging BAMA fan!!!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

FAIL! - UPDATED!

We failed...at not eating in a restaurant the month of March.  But in our defense, we were in Arab (Arab, AL for those who don't live in our neck of the woods and think that's a funny name for a town in AL) Sunday after church for a funeral and just couldn't pass up spending some QT with Jay's precious Grandma and his parents.  So it doesn't really count...

Saturday I did make, as promised, Pineapple Swiss Cheeseburgers and as always...they turned out wonderful!  So wonderful we both gobbled them right up before I even remembered to take a picture.  But I promise one will come next time I make them (which will be soon since they are cheap and delish!).  Here's how to make our yummy dinner:

Pineapple Swiss Burgers (makes 4 servings):
1 lb. Laura's Lean ground beef
1/4 c. Low Sodium Dale's sauce
Seasoning to taste (we use the Cheeburger Cheeburger seasoning)
4 slices Sargento Reduced Fat Natural Swiss cheese
4 pineapple rings (we use Dole canned ever since I almost sliced my finger off on the plastic container the fresh pineapple from Kroger was in...don't ask...)
Condiments...ice burg lettuce, ketchup (gross), mustard (super gross), mayo (ew...) (side note:  I don't like condiments)
4 Healthy Life Lite wheat buns

In a mixing bowl, combine the meat, sauce and seasoning together and mix with your hands (yes, I gag every time I do this, but it's so worth it to not buy pre-made patties).
Grill until done to your preference (I'm a well done kind of girl...)
About 5 minutes before the burgers are done, add the pineapple and grill evenly on both sides and add the cheese to the burgers.
Dress your burger how you like!
6 WW Points Plus

Rosemary Roasted Potatoes (makes 4 servings):
4 medium red potatoes
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Oregano
1 tsp Basil
1 Tbsp Rosemary
Ground sea salt and ground pepper to taste

Cup up your potatoes into cubes (mine are typically 1/4-1/2 inch)
In a large mixing bowl, combine the diced potatoes with the olive oil, oregano, basil, and rosemary.  Toss with your hands until everything is well coated.
Pour potatoes into a greased Pyrex dish and add salt and pepper.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
5 WW Points Plus

Champagne Vinaigrette Salad (makes 2 servings):
3 cups of lettuce (any kind will do...we've done with lots of types and they are all good)
6 strawberries, sliced
2 Tbsp sliced or slivered almonds
2 Tbsp Brianna's Champagne Vinaigrette dressing (this is tricky to find but I always find it at Fresh Market)

Mix it all up and serve!
3 WW Points Plus (I had this wrong previously!  It went down - yea!)

I know 16 points for a meal sounds like a lot...but I get 29 each day and 49 bonus to use during the week.  So this is great for a Saturday or Sunday dinner (which are usually my splurge days since I weigh in on Saturdays).  And considering the average dinner out in a restaurant is 30-40 points for one meal, this is a great alternative to save money, points, and have arguments over who is not doing it right a great time cooking with the hubby!

2 comments:

  1. Umm Yum on all those!!! I think I'm adding those potatoes to our menu next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We eat those potatoes all the time because they are easy and a great substitute for french fries!!

    ReplyDelete