About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am...a Christian, a wife, a "mother" to one Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix dog, a wine lover, a high heel enthusiast and a raging BAMA fan!!!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Exciting News!

So I have some very exciting news to share! I'm in a smaller size! Those of you who know me best know I'm no fashionista. Quite the opposite really. I desperately need to go on that show "What Not to Wear" because I have the hardest time pulling an "outfit" together. I can find some pretty great pieces separately, but when it comes to shoes and jewelry and accessories, well, I fail. I just don't have that eye. I WANT that eye, but don't have it. Also, those who know me best know I have two clothing weaknesses. One is Lilly Pulitzer because I just love her over-the-top pretty pieces. LOVE. The other is: J.Crew - I just love their stuff. Pretty much any/all of it. I can't really afford most of their things when they are full price, but they have great sales! In fact, there is one going on right now. Go to their website and you get an additional 30% off sale items plus free shipping if you spend $150 after the 30% discount on sale. I didn't qualify for free shipping, but I did get some good buys! I'm buying things now that are either cotton so I can shrink them as I shrink, or easily altered so I don't have to buy a whole new wardrobe in a few months when I've hit my goal. So here's the run down of what I got:

This dress is the whole reason I discovered I had dropped yet another size. I needed a solid black dress to be in a wedding at the beach May 1. I bought it in one size based off the J.Crew sizing guides on their site. Side note - at least for me, whatever size they say you are based off your measurements, you may be able to go down a size. Anyway, it came in last week and I tried it on and it was too big! Enough so that I knew in 5 weeks when I had dropped another 7-8 pounds it would literally fall off! Yea!! So I got to buy the next size down and get this - it was on an even BETTER sale because of the extra 30%.
J.Crew Solid Embossed Lorelei Dress in Black
Original Price: $98

Sale Price: $78
Sale + Extra 30% Price: $54.60 (WOW!!!)

This dress was just too pretty/casual/comfy to pass up! It wasn't on a great sale, but I liked it too much and it will be altered easily. Purple is my latest must have color because I think it looks good with my hair color. If you want it, it isn't on sale anymore. They did a promotion last week where all dresses were 20% off, so I got it then. But check back because it may go on sale.
J.Crew Jessie Cotton Dress in Muted Grape
Original Price: $69.50
Sale Price: $55.60 (hey, this is still a good price for a J.Crew dress!)

Now on to the casual stuff! I'm really bad about only buying pieces that I can wear out to dinner or to work, etc. I am not good at finding cute yet casual pieces and I think I achieved that with this tee. I love the rosettes on it because I think they are so girly! I'm picturing it with my linen pants and J.Crew bronze thong sandals from last season...
J.Crew Tissue Rosette Bouquet Tee in White
Original Price: $48.00
Sale Price: $29.00
Sale + Extra 30% Off Price: $20.30

Finally, I just loved this bright color! My mom has always liked me in coral and I have a great brown criss-cross sweater I can transition into Spring with this under. The garland of ruffles was just too pretty to pass up! And bonus - I can wear this under a cardigan to work!
J.Crew Tissue Garland Tank in Pale Coral
Original Price: $45.00
Sale Price: $34.99
Sale + Extra 30% Off Price: $24.49

So the point of all this is not to show you my cute new clothes (although that was fun!) but to encourage you to check out the J.Crew online sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment