About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am...a Christian, a wife, a "mother" to one Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix dog, a wine lover, a high heel enthusiast and a raging BAMA fan!!!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hello, 5%. You're looking mighty fine....

So I did it! I hit the 10 pound mark! Not only did I hit it...I slammed it out of the park! When I weighed in Saturday, I had lost 2.8 for the week for a grand total of 11.2 - YES! 11.2! Not only that...but I have now lost over 5% of my starting weight. Actually, I've lost 6.19% of my starting weight. Guess that gives you a clue as to where I started...oops! I didn't really ever want to reveal a "number" until I had achieved my goal...and I still won't.

I'm sitting here writing this, munching on dried cranberries. Seriously...six weeks ago, I'd be munching on cheese cubes or goldfish crackers.

In other news...the "Great Pressure" has returned. I never really blogged on this, but the "Great Pressure" is what I have deemed this pressure in my stomach. It is in my upper stomach right under my sternum and the best way I can describe it is a combination between feeling like I have the biggest burp in the world that needs to get out and being very hungry. It isn't a pain...just a pressure. The weird thing is, this is a small part of how all the weight came on in the first place...because food makes it feel a lot better. It first popped up a little over a year ago and I went to the doctor. She did blood word and everything came back fine. She just said I was stressed. Yeah...ok...who isn't? I felt like she (the doctor) was very dismissive about it. Anyway, it left in September of last year and now it came back last week and I'm so upset over it because it is so uncomfortable. Does anyone out there ever have this same thing happen?? And how do you get rid of it?? Please help!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, congrats! You're doing Weight Watchers, right? So many people seem happy with that.

    The only time I've had a pain like that it was my gallbladder, but gallbladder attacks are usually painful, not just pressure. But maybe you're just really tough :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup - Weight Watchers. I had a lot of success before our wedding with it. I love 20 pounds then. I have way more to go this time, but it is such an easy program to follow and I still get to eat things I like - I just count them now!

    It's not really a pain...it doesn't hurt. It just feels like I really need to let out a huge burp. Trust me - I'm not tough at all! : )

    ReplyDelete