About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am...a Christian, a wife, a "mother" to one Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix dog, a wine lover, a high heel enthusiast and a raging BAMA fan!!!

Monday, March 8, 2010

Weekend Fun

I promise I'll eventually post pictures more often to my posts...when I like how I look more!

This weekend we went to Georgia to visit my family. I hate they still live there. I really think it is going to take having a baby to get my parents back to Huntsville. Sadly...we are still wanting to wait 18 month to 2 years to have a "Webblet", so my parents will remain far away. It was such a relaxing, do nothing kind of weekend and I LOVED that! And I stayed pretty much on plan. I had a few pieces of Birthday cake, but nothing to bust the diet hopefully!

I know the suspense is killing you all...but I completely overslept on Saturday and didn't make it to the weigh in center in time. The closest one to my parents house was still 20 or 30 minutes away and I guess I just needed my sleep! So hopefully when I weigh in this upcoming Saturday, it will show a 5-6 pound loss over 2 weeks! Let's keep our fingers crossed!!!

I never did a post on getting rid of the BMW, so I need to add a small blurb about that here. The BMW had been a part of my driving since March of 2006. 4 long years I drove that car...loving it at first, then liking, then annoyed by it and finally at the end, I had feelings of hate towards it. That's because any time something went wrong, it was a minimum $750 to fix it. It's like in the world of BMW, $750 means "base price". And since it was 10 years old last year, things started going wrong left and right. At trade in time on 2/23/10 (our 18 month wedding anniversary - HA!), the front window was stuck about 1/2" down and wouldn't go back up. So every time it rained, I got soaked and any time you drove over 45 mph, the wind whistled through your ears at a piercing screech level. So we cut our losses on it and took it up to Fayetteville where one of the dealerships my agency does advertising for is located. Traded it in for a 2010 Chrysler Sebring. I've never had a brand new car before and let me tell you, it is so NICE to not having anything wrong with it! Ahh...

I know this hasn't been one of my typical funny blog posts, but nothing funny really happened since I last wrote. In closing, here lies the "Beamer Baby" as I called it...may her new family love her as I used to...

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got rid of your car if it was causing you so much trouble. And best of luck at your next weigh in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute blog. I'm a new follower.

    Please check out my blog www.the-blisslist.blogspot.com when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete