About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am...a Christian, a wife, a "mother" to one Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix dog, a wine lover, a high heel enthusiast and a raging BAMA fan!!!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sorry for the Suspense...+ Eat to Live

But I have been busy at work! Taking a brief two minutes to update the blogging world. By the way - thank you so much for all the encouraging comments, texts, emails, etc... They mean a lot!

First things first...I did weigh in Saturday and I had only lost .4, but I'm going to consider that a victory! There were several factors that could have easily influenced this number...
1. I am a WEAK HUMAN and broke down and ate some french fries last Sunday. They were so good and I didn't gorge, but I did eat them.
2. We went to a surprise Birthday party for my good friend, Teri, on Friday night and while I tried my best to be good, they just didn't have much I could eat... I did well, just a small spoon of BBQ (no bun), 4 Chick-Fil-A nuggets and half of a piece of cake.
3. I went over my weekly points by 3.5, which doesn't sound like a big number, and it really isn't, but it is an extra 210 calories on the week that I shouldn't have eaten. Again, see #1 and #2. French fries.
4. I think it is safe to assume that my main audience is female...so #3 is "the cycle". I'm never down quite as much the weigh in before "the cycle" begins.
So total loss is 11.6 after 7 weeks. Still not bad - average of 1.66 per week.

What a weekend, though! I went to Birmingham for the day Saturday and got to visit with my very good friend, Margaret. We never see each other and it was only an hour and a half, but I had so much fun catching up with her and chatting about life.
I left her house to go to a shower I was helping host for my friend Courtland. It was so much fun to see Sorority sisters I hadn't seen in a while and visit over wine, laughter, and gifts for the bride! And I got to spend time catching up with my good friend Jessica! Oh the time we've missed...but we're catching up for sure! Everyone just picked up where we had all left off. The bride looked so happy and glowing and I am so glad I was able to do something for her. I remember this time so well before my wedding and it was a whirl wind - but so much fun!

Sunday I went with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law to the Junior League Spring Market. So fun but so tiring... It is no secret anymore that Haley is pregnant! She is due September 15, but doesn't find out the sex of the baby until April 30th. So it was driving us crazy that we couldn't buy baby clothes yet!
So I'm going to try to post more often and when I do, post what I'm eating and call it "Eat to Live", which comes from the saying "Don't live to eat, eat to live" - a dieters words to live by! The post will have recipe and/or snack ideas and (when I take one), a picture of what I'm eating with the points. I love seeing ideas from others, so here are my contributions. It is actually very easy to be on diet and still eat yummy food...the secret is PORTION CONTROL! I want to help others who read this who fell in the same "marital bliss" trap I did realize we can make ourselves healthier!

This is one of my FAVORITE snacks... Ready for this? You'll be amazed...
48 Rold Gold Pretzel Things (yes - you get 48!) - 2 Points
1 wedge of Laughing Cow Lite Original Flavor - 1 Point
TOTAL = 3 Points

No comments:

Post a Comment