About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am...a Christian, a wife, a "mother" to one Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix dog, a wine lover, a high heel enthusiast and a raging BAMA fan!!!

Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday is WAY better than a Tuesday!

Thank goodness it's Friday and I mean that will ALL seriousness. It's been a busy week for both of us and we're looking forward to yet another weekend of working in the house and of course, a long list of things to accomplish. Here's a picture of our beautiful, 5" plank hand-scraped distressed hardwoods in the den. I love them...

I have to give a big, fat ROLL TIDE ROLL on the Alabama Crimson Tide's recruiting class yet again this year. And I have to say that I LOVE that all six of the state of Alabama's top recruits all committed to 'Bama. ROLL TIDE ROLL again!!!

I've (E) started working on our taxes and we're wishing...hoping...praying...for a great refund! We need it and anyone who has been in the new house and seen the original 1960's light fixtures we have knows how bad we need a good refund. But you know, when I think about it, we get so excited about tax refunds on stimulus packages when in reality, all it is is the government giving us BACK what was already OURS. HELLO?!?! I guess that just proves why I'm a Republican...I don't believe in big government taking everything over the taxing the poo out of us. And I believe this because I have a job.

Funny story about Tank last night... So, he has a very nice doggy bed that is all his own. He loves it and sleeps the whole night in it and it's wonderful. Well, we've had a bit of a cold snap in Huntsville as of late and I think the doggy bed on the floor has been just too cold for my little Tanker. For the past week, he has jumped into the bed right at bed time with Jarren and I and proceeded to crawl under the covers and sleep at my feet the whole night. Which is fine with me for a few days since it has been so cold. Well, last night, he decided to bring his red rubber ball (all references to the Beatles aside) into bed with him. So not only is there a fuzzy dog at my feet with a cold wet nose, now there's a slimy ball down there, too. Gross. But then he proceeds at random intervals throughout the night to chew on and squeak the said rubber ball. So I didn't sleep all night and spoiled rotten Tank slept like a baby at my feet...with his ball. SPOILED ROTTEN DOG. I don't how he got that way... : ) Picture of him under the bed looking oh so pitiful...it's all an act..


Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment