About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am...a Christian, a wife, a "mother" to one Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix dog, a wine lover, a high heel enthusiast and a raging BAMA fan!!!

Monday, June 7, 2010

Weigh-in Results

Well my fellow readers - I lost .8 at Saturday's weigh-in for a grand total of 21 pounds!  What an amazing accomplishment!  Even more exciting, I easily slid into a pair of jeans from Express that I haven't been able to wear in a year and a half.  WOW!  They are a size 10 and to me, that sounds just glorious!  When I started out this journey, most of my clothes were a 14.  Not that there is a thing in the world wrong with that, it just didn't look right on my body type and it was not healthy for my age/height/asthma condition, etc...  I was so excited I forgot to take pictures of me in my new old jeans to post!  I'll try to do that maybe even tonight...

I also managed to get my hair cut (finally!) on Friday so hopefully I'll show you the new 'do soon enough.

On to a great dinner idea!  I have to say, this was quite possibly the best dinner I've ever cooked according to both me and the hubby.
Grilled Mahi Mahi rubbed with a little olive oil and some cajun seasoning - 5 WW Points
Grilled zucchini with a dash of olive oil and garlic powder and salt - .5 WW Points
Boiled red new potato (just 1 for me - 2 for the hubby) with Cajun spices - 1 WW Point
Dinner total was only 6.5 Points and we were stuffed by the end.
Here's how I cooked the fish after I coated it in seasoning:
I put the grill on almost the lowest setting it would go to.  Then I lined the grill with aluminum foil and let it all heat up for about 10 minutes.  I put the fish on the grill and kept several lemon slices handy.  Every few minutes, I squirted each piece of fish with lemon juice.  I let them cook about 11 minutes on each side and made sure they easily flaked with a fork before enjoying!  I'm so sorry I didn't a picture, but we'll surely be having this again so I'll post a picture then!

Happy Monday to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment