About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am...a Christian, a wife, a "mother" to one Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix dog, a wine lover, a high heel enthusiast and a raging BAMA fan!!!

Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekly Update...x 2!

Well my loyal readers, I have neglected you yet again.  I shouldn't have done that.  Last Saturday at weigh-in I had dropped another 1.4 pounds to bring my total to 22.2!!!  I was oh-so-proud of myself and on my way to my goal of 26 pounds gone by 4th of July weekend.  However, this past Saturday, I was up 1 whole pound.  YIKES!  I am not quite sure the reason for such an increase this week...but it is stressing me out!  What did I do differently?  Why did this happen?  All I can do is track even harder this week and hope it was a fluke!  : )

My friend Teri requested healthy breakfast options and honestly, I'm not very good at these since I drink a Kellogg's Protein Shake literally every single morning.  But...I didn't used to do that, so I shall dig deep in the archives of my brain...


Lots of morning I used to eat a 100 calorie wheat english muffin, toasted, with 1/4 cup of cooked egg whites on it...sort of like an egg sandwich.  It was 1.5 points.  But my mom does it differently and honestly, hers sounds better!  Here it is -
Wheat English Muffin - 1 Point
1/4 cups scrambled egg whites - .5 Point
1 slice Canadian Bacon (she browns hers on the skillet first) - 1 Point
TOTAL = 2.5 Points

I LOVE LOVE LOVE cereal and now that a lot of them are adding extra fiber, they are less points.  One of my absolute favorites is Apple Jacks...
1 cup of Apple Jacks - 1 Point
1/2 cup of skim milk - 2 Points
TOTAL = 3 Points

Also, Oatmeal is a great breakfast option because it really sticks with you. 
1 cup oatmeal - 2 Points
1 tbsp brown sugar - 1 Point
1/2 large banana - 1 Point
TOTAL = 4 Points

If you are on the go a lot and need some fast food options, here you go -
Chick-Fil-A chicken minis (3 pack) - 6 Points (I know this sounds high, but for fast food, it is pretty good)
McDonalds Egg McMuffin - 7 Points

I'll be cooking more this week and hopefully will have pictures to share with more great meal ideas...including a great 6 Point chicken enchilada recipe!

2 comments:

  1. You're almost to your goal - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!!
    I need to make a correction...1/2 cup of skim milk is only 1 Point. I should have caught that earlier...oops!

    ReplyDelete