About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am...a Christian, a wife, a "mother" to one Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix dog, a wine lover, a high heel enthusiast and a raging BAMA fan!!!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Loving

Two blog posts in two days...watch out!!  : )

I decided to do a quick and fun post on the things I can't get enough of this summer.  Some are food-related (due to the nature of this blog - duh!), but some aren't.  And in fact, my husband may never speak to me again regarding one...read on!

GRILLING OUT


This is a no-brainer, right?  I mean, who doesn't love the smell of grilling out...  My favorites are chicken and mahi mahi.  Hopefully I'll do the fish again in the next week or two and do a post on how I did it with a picture this time.  The above picture are chicken breasts in Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste & Glaze, sliced zucchini marinaded in a little light olive oil and some garlic salt, and regular ole Dole pineapple slices.  Very good dinner, though...
1 chicken breast - 3 Points
2 Tbsp of the glaze - 1 Point
Zucchini in olive oil - 1/2 Point
1 pineapple slice - 1/2 Point 
TOTAL = 5 Points 
 


HARRY & DAVID DIP

So you have to either get the Harry & David Pepper and Onion Relish at a Harry & David store (there's one in Foley), or order it online.  It is so easy - you just add 1 jar with 1 block of fat free cream cheese and blend it with a hand mixer.  It has this perfect sweet and spicy kick to it that I just can't get enough of!  Pair it with Baked Tostitos Scoops, and you have a great appetizer...or in my case, just any old snack!
1/4 cup of dip - 1 Point
15 Baked Scoops - 2 Points
TOTAL = 3 Points



SKINNY COWS

I mean, seriously.  Who doesn't just LOVE Skinny Cow dessert items?  If you haven't ever tried these, you're missing out.  It is the perfect way to stay on plan and still eat dessert...every single day.  You can find these in any grocery freezer section with the ice cream.  There are a lot of different types/flavors, but the picture above is a compilation of my four favorites... 
White Mint Truffle Ice Cream Bar - 2 Points
Mint Ice Cream Sandwich - 3 Points
Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sandwich - 3 Points
Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich - 2 Points



COSTA DEL MAR

So the dog actually ate mine so I'm not really able to enjoy them this summer...but I'm hoping to be getting a new pair quite soon (due to a deal with the hubby after he made a rather unflattering comment about my still large backside)!  I had these sunglasses (Cota del Mar Vela tortoise frame with Amber lenses) for a few years before they had their tragic demise in the mouth of Tank.  But, alas, he is my fur baby and suffered no such punishment for his actions.  This next pair will be kept in a really high place...most likely the top of my head.  They are expensive, but seriously are the best sunglasses I've ever owned...other than my current $1 Wayfarer look-a-likes I'm currently sporting from the Dollar Tree!



SUN-IN

Yes, I realize the fact that this product is on my list shows that I did, in fact, live a good portion of my life in the 90s.  But seriously, they have a new look, new formula and it really doesn't turn your hair red anymore.  I like my hair to look lightened and "sun kissed" in the summer and I was pleasantly surprised when I took a chance on the "new look, new formula" line.  I plan on doing round two this weekend...can't go too light too fast!  Then it might look like I was using Sun-In or something...



SUNSCREEN

So this is the picture I told you Jay would hate me forever for putting on my blog.  But seeing as how he didn't tell me not to, I'm doing it!  I am LOVING sunscreen this summer.  Every fashion magazine I've read lately has said too tan is NOT in anymore.  Not only is it really damaging and bad for you (hello, melanoma?), it really does promote premature aging.  And who wants to look 20 years older?  Not me!  Being slightly sun kissed is what's in for summer and I love that.  It promotes a healthy color while still being mindful of how harmful the sun really is.  So yeah...you're really really wanting to know the back story on that picture, aren't you?  Well, Jay and I laid out at the pool the weekend before last and he asked me to spray him with sunscreen.  So I basically aimed it at his belly button, sprayed for a good 3-4 seconds, and didn't do much else.  It isn't my fault he didn't notice I only sprayed one little spot.  I mean, c'mon, it's HIS body...he was FEELING it.  He should have had enough sense to say, "Hold the phone, Elizabeth. I felt you spray that only in one location and not all around."  So needless to say, he has a good sunburn on his belly with that nice white spot on the belly button...plus, please notice where it dripped!  Ha ha!  Lesson learned...I hope!

Can't wait to read all the comments I get on this one!  : ) 


1 comment:

  1. Same thing happens to Jared EVERY summer because he won't put on sunscreen. I don't know why that's such a hard lesson to learn!

    ReplyDelete