About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am...a Christian, a wife, a "mother" to one Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix dog, a wine lover, a high heel enthusiast and a raging BAMA fan!!!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Milestones and Grilling Out...

Good afternoon! Down .6 this week and while that may not sound like a lot...it is over half a pound! The more I lose, the harder it will be to continue losing. The more you weight, the faster it comes off. More importantly...I hit a major "me" milestone this week. My total loss is 15.4 and I am officially only 10 pounds away from my wedding day weight! Here are some of my milestones I plan to accomplish:
The "10% of Starting Weight" Milestone - 18 pounds lost total
The "Half Way There" Milestone - 23 pounds lost total
The "Wedding Weight" Milestone - 25.5 pounds lost total
The "Big 3-0" Milestone - 30 pounds lost total
The "Three Quarters Way There" Milestone - 34.5 pounds lost total
The "Graduated from College Weighing This" Milestone - 41 pounds lost total
The "GOAL!" Milestone - 46 pounds lost total

For each milestone, I'm going to let myself have a non-food reward. I learned about these in one of my meetings. You treat yourself to something totally unrelated to food. For example - most of my milestones have a clothing award attached to them! Another non-food reward I'm giving myself is a mani/pedi at the Heavenly Spa by Westin. My GOAL reward...a new Lilly Pulitzer dress! Extravagant, yes, but I don't care! I love me some Lilly! I really think these are better motivators than food! Of course...one of my rewards is a real margarita (which are totally NOT good on WW...about 12-17 points EACH - for only 10oz).

Give it a try...make a milestone list like I have and set a specific non-food reward for each one. I promise you will see yourself striving even more to reach non-food items than food ones!
I spent the better part of ALL DAY after church yesterday cleaning our house. I'm talking DEEP clean...I dusted every square inch with not only a duster, but also furniture polish, vacuumed every single blind in the house, vacuumed and scrubbed baseboards, scrubbed tubs and toilets, laundry, the works! It was about 6 hours of cleaning and guess what? I earned 5 activity points for all of it! I probably will try not to use them, but it felt great to get my spring cleaning done and get a good work out in the process! Think lots of squats and lots of vacuuming using those arm muscles...

Finally - after all that cleaning, we had worked up an appetite! I had a good amount of Points left for the day and so we cooked up a great dinner that is perfect for grilling out and staying on track! Here it is...(btw - that is my finger pulling back the cheese to reveal the chicken)

3 oz grilled chicken breast (boneless and skinless) - 3 Points
BBQ sauce marinade - 1/2 Point
Healthy Life Light Wheat Bun - 1 Point
Sargento Reduced Fat Provolone - 1 Point
Corn on the cob (boiled with garlic salt sprinkled on it) - 1 Point
1 cup of fresh cut cantaloupe and watermelon - 1 Point
TOTAL DINNER - 7.5 Points and so filling. Loved it!

4 comments:

  1. That dinner looks delicious! I may go out and get some corn...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love me some corn on the cob! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job on getting rid of the weight... Oh and don't say you lost the weight. Losing implies that you want to find it again... YOU've Gotten RID of 15.4lbs!!!

    And yum with the canteloupe and watermelon. I'm gonna have to get a watermelon this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you way of looking at it Colleen - I'm definitely going to say it that way now! Ha ha!

    Doesn't fresh cut watermelon just scream summer is here?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete