About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am...a Christian, a wife, a "mother" to one Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix dog, a wine lover, a high heel enthusiast and a raging BAMA fan!!!

Friday, April 23, 2010

I will be a Weekend Warrior!

Due to my impending trip to the beach in which we are leaving on Thursday (I am in my friend Courtland's wedding), I have had to temporarily change my weigh in day to Thursday.  So alas, I will have no update for you on Monday.  Because Weight Watchers requires you to have at least 7 days between weigh-ins, I have to figure it out where I don't have two weeks between weigh-in, because it's easier to get off track without weighing in.  So...I will weigh in Thursday morning on our way out and then will return to my Saturday schedule on 5/8.  Hope this doesn't throw you devoted followers for a loop!

That being said, I don't have my normal Saturday morning weigh in to keep me accountable this weekend so I really have to suck it up and do my best!  Bring on the motivation, please!  : )

Here is your meal for the day:

(btw - I'm listing the points as if I had eaten the whole chicken breast and then listing what it was since I cut it in half in parentheses)
Boneless, skinless chicken breast - 3 Points (1.5)
Half a pack of dry zesty Italian dressing mix - 1 Point (0.5)
2 Tbsp of Kroger brand shaved Parmesan cheese - 1 Point (1)
1/2 c. instant brown rice - 1 Point
1 c. steamed broccoli - 0 Points
TOTAL = 6 Points (4 Points)

So...here's how you make the chicken (using a 3-pack of chicken breasts):
Wash and trim all visible fat from chicken breasts (cut out all the arteries and red vein places, too)
In a small baking dish, combine 2 small packets of dry Zesty Italian with 6 tbsp of shaved or shredded Parmesan and mix together.  Coat each side of each chicken breast with the mixture and place in a Pyrex dish that is lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.  Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until completely cooked through.  That's it!

I will hopefully post via my Blackberry on Thursday morning while in route to the beach with the latest weight loss update!

Have a happy weekend and those in Huntsville...be wary of the tornadoes tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment