About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am...a Christian, a wife, a "mother" to one Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix dog, a wine lover, a high heel enthusiast and a raging BAMA fan!!!

Monday, April 12, 2010

2.4 down...31.2 to go!

Good afternoon!
I'm late today...busy Monday at work!

I have exciting news...I lost 2.4 pounds last week! That's a total weight loss of 14.8, people! What an exciting Saturday I had knowing my hard work is paying off...it may be slow some weeks, but others show great improvement to make up for it! The best part is I am 3.2 pounds away from losing 10% of my original body weight - WOW! I'm still in the "Overweight" category on the BMI scale, but that's OK...every little pound and tenth of a pound gets me that much closer to the "Normal" range - 17.2 pounds away from that.

That paragraph brings to the "why" of this weight loss journey. Don't get me wrong, I want to look great again like I used to, I want to fit back in to a particular size that I used to fit into, I want to have more energy and more self confidence (of course, that last one has to come from within, but I already see myself so much confident in my appearance now than 8 weeks ago!). But I started the whole thing February 6th because the week before I had to go to the doctor for something and of course, they take your weight blood pressure. I was mortified to see the number flash up there in front of the nurse. To make matters worse, my blood pressure was 170/96 - YIKES! They told me to get it down or I was going to the hospital. Those who know me know I don't do needles...I mean, I fainted when I got my ears pierced at age 8 and still to this day I cry every single year when I have to get my flu shot. Yes, I'm 27 and I cry in front of everyone when getting a flu shot. So now you know the background on my journey isn't purely for looks, but more for my own health. It scared me to know my b/p was that high and that it was my fault it got that way. You know the best part? My acid reflux is pretty much non-existent now. Gone! What an amazing feeling!

I encourage everyone who is struggling with how to get started to give Weight Watchers a try. Everyone is different and everyone's body is different, I can only say what I know works for me! And it becomes like a game or challenge...each week someone is seeing my weight (privately, of course!) and I'm obligated to not let myself down in front of them.

Thanks for all the comments, emails, tweets, etc. with questions/comments/encouragement. I love it and hope to continue to give great advice and even great recipe, meal, and product ideas.

Here's what I'm giving you this week...a 0 Point drink mix company! YES - 0 POINTS!
Baja Bob's is the name of the company and they make a plethora of mixes you use to make drinks such as Margaritas, Mai Tais, Hurricanes, even Mud Slides! All you do is add the liquor to the mix and enjoy! I have yet to try them yet, but plan to have an order coming my way shortly! Click the Baja Bob's above to go to the site and be amazed! I'll do a post on the drinks once I've tried them. Of course...please drink responsibly!

1 comment:

  1. Sinless Margarita is great too. Its all natural and only 5 calories. You have to have it shipped from Atlanta, but I just stick it in my purse and take it to every mexican restaurant I go! :)

    ReplyDelete