About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am...a Christian, a wife, a "mother" to one Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix dog, a wine lover, a high heel enthusiast and a raging BAMA fan!!!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Quiero Taquitos!

I'll admit I haven't been great at making dinner lately.  Dieting, just the overall desire to do nothing after work, and Jay's weird work hours and dinner break have me rely heavily on Subway, the new grilled nuggets at Chick-Fil-A (these are honestly REALLY good...their grilled sandwich is rubbery and gross, but the nuggets get a thumbs up from this picky girl!!!), and soup and salad from Panera.

So last night I decided I was GOING to cook.  Not only that, but I was going to cook something new that we had never tried before!  I consulted none other than Pinterest!  I have used Pinterest for a while now to pin all kinds of things...home decorating ideas, cute clothes and style, holiday decorating ideas, and my largest one, food!  But I have never made a recipe from my Pinterest board.  Until now!  My first thing I attempted was AMAZING and I can't wait to start cooking again and try more things!

I made Oven Baked Taquitos and let me tell you...I think I liked them BETTER than any fried ones I have ever have.  Not kidding!  And they were VERY easy.  I think I made them up in less than 20 minutes including shredding the chicken. 

So without further delay (and arriba! arriba! and all that), I give you:

Oven Baked Taquitos















• 2 cups of cooked shredded chicken breast (one rotisserie chicken from Kroger was perfect)
• 4-5 oz. fat free cream cheese (I'll be honest, I just scooped it out until I was happy, but there was about a quarter of an 8 oz. container left)
• 1/3 c. salsa verde (found this on the Mexican food aisle!)
• 1.5 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (I bought a juice press at Kroger for $3.99...it made me feel cool!)
• 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
• 1.25 tsp. chili powder
• 3/4 tsp. onion powder
• Salt to taste
• a couple of dashes of garlic powder
• 2 Tbsp. sliced green onions (we don't like these, so I didn't add them!)
• 1 c. reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese
• 1/4 c. drained and rinsed black beans (you can use more if you want, I didn't want it too beany)
• 8-10 soft taco-size flour tortillas (it made 8 for me)
• Salsa for dipping

Preheat oven to 425.
In a bowl, combine cream cheese, salsa verde, lime juice cumin, chili powder, onion powder, salt and garlic powder.
Mix until smooth and creamy.
Mix in shredded cheese.
Fold in shredded chicken, black beans, and onions (if you used them).
Microwave your tortillas 2-3 at a time so they are warm and soft and easy to roll.
Divide your mixture (about one heaping spoon each) and spread it on the bottom 2/3 of each tortilla.
Roll from the bottom up as tightly as you can and place the taquito in a Pyrex dish or baking sheet, seam-side down.
Repeat with your remaining tortillas, making sure they do not touch each other on the pan.
Spray the tops with cooking spray and sprinkle with sea salt.
Bake 15-20 minutes, turning on the broiler the last 3-4 minutes so they are toasty and crispy on top.
Serve with a side of salsa for dipping.

Side Note:  Cut in half, these would make great appetizers!

Nutritional Information (for 1 Taquitos):
Calories - 234.5
Fat - 5
Carbs - 24.5
Fiber - 3.2
Protein - 21
WW Points + - 6




No comments:

Post a Comment