About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am...a Christian, a wife, a "mother" to one Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix dog, a wine lover, a high heel enthusiast and a raging BAMA fan!!!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Breakfast

They say breakfast is your most important meal of the day and I can honestly say I never really ate it that much until I started watching my weight.  You know what I learned?
When I don't eat breakfast, I'm not really hungry until 12:00 or 12:30.
When I do eat breakfast, I am an angry, greedy monster STARVING by 11:00 (or earlier).
I looked into this and low and behold, it's because when you eat breakfast, your metabolism is jump started for the day and you burn more calories and have more energy.  By burning those calories starting early, you're hungrier earlier.  Who knew?  So I'm all about breakfast now - no matter how small it is!  Here is what I have had almost every morning since I started May 10:

EA's Wonderful Waffles (recipe for one):
1 Eggo Nutri-Grain Low Fat Waffle (found in the freezer section) toasted - 70 calories, 1.25 g. fat
1/2 Tbsp. Nutella (just recently discovered this...life changing) - 50 calories; 2.8 g. fat
3 Tbsp. Redi Whip Fat Free Whipped Cream (in a can...yes...) - 8 calories; 0 g. fat
1/4 c. chopped strawberries - 6 calories; 0 g. fat

The ingredients all laid out and ready!



















The finished product!


















Photos compliments of my rediscovered obsession with Instagram.

All in all, a yummy and satisfying breakfast for 128 calories and 3 grams of fat.  It tastes so bad for you, which is probably why I feel guilty eating it every morning.  But I've lost 7.8 pounds in 13 days so I'm going to keep doing what has worked (never mind that the hubs has lost 8 pounds in 1 week)!  Plus, it's something both me and "Tall Blonde Boy" like.  That's hard to find, y'all!

Let me know if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment