About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am...a Christian, a wife, a "mother" to one Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix dog, a wine lover, a high heel enthusiast and a raging BAMA fan!!!

Monday, December 5, 2011

All I Want for Christmas...

Jay and I are fortunate that when we want something, we typically just get it.  We don't really wait for birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, etc.  It's the way I was brought up.  Even now, we don't really exchange gifts in my family.  We're all so fortunate and none of us "need" anything...so we use Christmas to spend time with each other and give thanks for all the Lord has blessed us with.  Instead of stressing out over finding the "perfect" gift that spends enough money so the receiver doesn't think we're cheap, but not so much money that we appear flamboyant, we stress over the perfect dressing to go with our meal.  Rather than stress out at shopping malls with the crowds on finding the right "thing" to give, we put stress on making sure we have enough love to give.  It probably sounds corny to an outsider, but to me, my family has the right idea!  No one expects anything of anyone else except a celebration of the birth of Christ, Christmas cheer and a LOT of laughs!

With all that said, Jay and I try to do something for our home together at Christmas.  A decision we make together to purchase something nice we can both enjoy together.  We do this instead of gifts for each other and it works out great!  Plus, because we use joint checking, it's hard to keep a surprise from the other.  Jay...if you're reading this, here's my short list!!!  :)


Pottery Barn Chenille Rug for under the table ~ $499.00
Honey, ours is GROSS!  Years of you living alone with it before me and my clean streak moved it have done a number on that nasty thing and I want it gone!  But, if you're in a little sticker shock over that for just a rug, how about...

This one I found on o.co for only $193?



Treble Clef Flatware ~ $79.00 (we would need two, of course...eight-piece setting and all)
Because you know Sissy needs flatware for her house and I'm getting tired of ours...I have LOVED this since we were registering for our wedding.  It's funky enough that it goes with our dishes, but not so funky it will be out of style in three months...  And we can give our current, gently-used flatware to her!  Win-win!!!

Babe? Are you reading this???  I love you...

1 comment:

  1. Tell Jay the Pottery Barn rugs hold up well. We bought one for the living room when we bought this house and I think the price scared Jared, but it still looks exactly the same as the day we bought it (about 2.5 years ago). August drags toys around it and scratches it DAILY, so I'd say that's a pretty good length of time to still be looking brand new lol.

    ReplyDelete