About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am...a Christian, a wife, a "mother" to one Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix dog, a wine lover, a high heel enthusiast and a raging BAMA fan!!!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

82 Days...

82 Days...  What's the significance of that number you ask? 

Could it be the number of days I've been pregnant? 
Ha!  Fooled you on that one!  No bun in the oven yet...
(Side Note - It seems EVERYONE I know it pregnant)

Could it be the number of days until I hit the dreaded 29 (last year before 30)?
No...although oddly enough, it is 81 days until that day...

Give up?

It's been that many days since my last blog post.  And for all two of you that used to read it, I'm sorry!

Won't say I'll do better...

I just promise that when I do post, it will (hopefully) be worth it!

Like today...
I have recently (OK, not recently, more like over the past six months) gained back some of weight that I had worked so hard to lose.  Not all of it, but some of it.  Life happened, I got lazy about counting and measuring, and it came right back on.

So I'm trying to get back to loosing for good and in the meantime, the Belk Charity Day Sale happened.  So I got my self up at 5:00 AM to get to Belk at 6:00 AM.  And I really scored big time!  I was looking for items of clothing that I can transition well with weight loss.  Things that could hide the pudge for now, but still look great as I lose, too.  I really think the styles and cuts I chose are going to be flattering no matter how my body changes. 

I'm going to share with you some outfit ideas for the upcoming colder months (although here in Alabama, colder is a relative term...) all based on items I scored at the big sale mixed with things I already have.


Vintage America Jeans (already had), Black J.Crew Tee (already had), Kensie Shaggy Fur Vest in Dark Pewter, Silver Link Necklace (already had), Silpada Silver Crescent Earrings (item W1539 - already had), Black Boots (already had).
The vest creates a great place to hide a little stomach pooch and the black and dark denim are slimming.  Pairing it all with a bold pair of earrings draws the eyes up toward the face more.




Black Cotton Dress (already had), oneworld Lace Trim Cardigan in Gray, Rampage Korrie Boot in Gray, Ann Taylor Loft Beaded Necklace (already had), Silpada Mother of Pearl & Sterling Silver Earrings (item W2218 - already had).
The black dress gives a slimming illusion while the blousy cardigan also hides any lumps or bumps.  The gray pop of accessories brightens the look to keep it from being dull while also keeping the eye from focusing on any one part of the body (like on areas where you may be more insecure...my area is the hip/thigh region).



Brown Print Dress (this is new...but I can't find a link for it anywhere), Ann Taylor Denim Jacket (am embarrassed to admit I have had this since 2001...but when you find a GREAT denim jacket, there is no need for another one...ever...), Bare Traps Jezebel Riding Boot in Brown, Silpada Mother of Pearl & Sterling Silver Earring (item W1525 - already had).
The empire waist of this dress accentuates the smallest part of the body while allowing the fabric to flow loosely over the areas where you may have some extra weight.  The denim jacket also gives coverage over areas that may not be your best feature.

There you have it!  Three of my main "go to" outfits this Fall & Winter that will hopefully mask my "bulges" until they are gone for good!

Any good clothing items you have found that transition well for you no matter what weight you are?

3 comments:

  1. I love that first outfit - hey, you could start doing outfit posts in the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did get some cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! People DO read it! Ha ha!
    Thanks, Katie...but I am not near as good as you are at putting together perfect outfits and don't match, yet match!
    Next time, Becky, I'll drag you up at 6:00 AM to go!

    ReplyDelete