About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am...a Christian, a wife, a "mother" to one Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix dog, a wine lover, a high heel enthusiast and a raging BAMA fan!!!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My New Obsession...

I totally don't need to spend my money on this, but I can't help it!  I have a new obsession...the gel manicure!  What??  You haven't tried it???  Book an appointment at your nearest salon STAT! 

What it is:
A gel product that is applied to your bare nails as 1) a base coat, 2) two coats of color, 3) a super shiny top coat.  All the steps are cured under a UV light in between coats so it dries instantly.  You read that right...instantly!  So when you're digging in your purse to get your credit card to pay you get no smudges, no chips, nothing!  It really is amazing. 

The best part (at least for me and my super-thin flimsy nails) is it lasts up to 2 weeks.  Mine actually went 15 days before I had it re-done Friday.  We had a beach trip in there and we cleaned out the garage.  I got one tiny little chip from cleaning the garage, but honestly, at that point we were on day 14 and I knew they were getting fixed the next day.

The salon I went to had the brand Gelish (we had to match the OPI Cajun Shrimp on my toes as best as possible and honestly, you can't tell the difference...they are that close in color!).  But I have heard amazing things about OPI Axxium, which is also a gel product.  There is also Shellac, but from calling a few places, it is definitely the most expensive (about $35-$40).  Mine was only $27!

Not only does it stay on and stay hard as a rock and super shiny for 2 weeks, but it only took them about 30 minutes to do the whole thing (including a hand/arm massage!).  This is all because it cures instantly under the UV lights.

All-in-all, it's made this working girl very very happy!  And I will likely continue to have them done whenever we have things coming up...vacation, parties, holidays, anniversaries, baptisms, a Wednesday...you get the drift!

Here's a photo of mine on Day 15 (the day I got them done)!  Other than new nail growth, I can't complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment