About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am...a Christian, a wife, a "mother" to one Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix dog, a wine lover, a high heel enthusiast and a raging BAMA fan!!!

Friday, July 8, 2011

I Could Get Used to This...

I could totally get used to a 4-day work week.  I still managed to get all my work done, so where's the harm?  Guess I would miss that extra day of pay, though...

It's already July 8?  What??  Where has my summer gone???  We've only played 30 or 40 games of corn hole in the driveway this year.  What's our deal?  Oh yeah...100+ degree days/evenings/nights.  Perhaps we'll get more use out of them in the Fall when the temps dip down into the 80's.

We have a lot going on in the Webb family this month...

This weekend we have a (rescheduled) Tool & Gadget shower for Mr. & Mrs. Bennett.  Rescheduled because it was supposed to be April 30, but you know, when the whole top third of the state doesn't have power, you can't really have a wedding shower.  And since they got married June 18, they've had something to look forward to after the wedding high!!!  Can't wait to shower them with love and gifts!  And eat some yummy shrimp & grits, too!

The following weekend my mom, two aunts and myself are hosting a Bridesmaid Luncheon at my house for a dear family friend's daughter.  Get ready to drool over the menu...  homemade chicken & pecan salad with grapes, homemade pea salad, homemade pretzel salad, sweet potato biscuits (not homemade by us, but by a lady in Ft. Payne), and perhaps a grits bar...I'm trying to talk my mom into this one...and petit fours from Peggy Ann bakery - the big ones, of course!

The weekend after that is the aforementioned bride's wedding!  And I get to be in charge of setting up and decorating the entire bar area!  FUN!!!  And force Jay to awkwardly dance with me so mom can get an even more awkward photo of it.  I'll be sure to post that. 

The weekend after that we are hosting our Supper Club at our house.  Get ready to REALLY drool over this menu...Pineapple Swiss Cheeseburgers, Rosemary Roasted New Potatoes, Strawberry Spinach Salad, and Kentucky Derby Pie with vanilla ice cream for dessert.  And some homemade sangria!  YUM!

I'm planning on being better about taking photos so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment