About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am...a Christian, a wife, a "mother" to one Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix dog, a wine lover, a high heel enthusiast and a raging BAMA fan!!!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Eclipse Review

If you know me, you know I'm a Twilight fan.  Fan might be not quite the right word...but neither is obsessed.  I'm not obsessed, I just really have always loved reading and those books really sucked me in.  I know, I know, this is mainly a FOOD and WEIGHT LOSS blog, but I can't help myself.  I just do this post. 

So I saw the movie last Friday with Jay (yes, yes, he deserves an award for going with me, etc...please keep those comments to a minimum as I've heard them all about a hundred times...).  And now I'm going to review it for you...WARNING: MY REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS!!! 
But seriously, who is seeing the movie who hasn't read the book?  In which case, you already know everything that happens in the whole series.

Favorite Part:  Bella & Jacob FINALLY kissing (I consider this all part of the tent scene).  It was passionate and romantic and I have a Team Jacob side of me screaming to get out!  The tent scene on the whole was great!


Best Line in the Movie:  When Edward is taking Bella to the treaty line to drop her off with Jacob for safe keeping while he goes hunting.  Jacob is waiting there in all his shirtless glory and Edward says to her, "Doesn't he own a shirt?" Vampire with a sense of humor...gotta love that!

Least Favorite Part:  I guess the graduation scene, but I think that's because I had had 3 glasses of wine at that point (the theater we went to have a VIP 21+ section where they serve drinks) and had to go to the restroom and missed most of it.

Biggest Complaint:  Not enough time spent on Rosalie and Jasper's back stories.  I honestly would have liked to visually see more of both of them.  And the fight sequence was really cool with all the CGI and special effects, so I would have enjoyed more of that.

Biggest Letdown:  Honestly, I think the way it ended is my biggest complaint.  They just ended New Moon SO perfectly with Edward asking her to marry him and her gasping and then the screen going blank and credits rolling.  I mean, seriously, ANTICIPATION built big time with that ending.  Eclipse just sort of ends with them making out in the meadow talking about forever.  Blah blah.  I guess it was just really really boring for an ending.  And since the movies haven't exactly followed the books exactly (honestly, what movies do?), I was expecting something a little more...something to keep me wanting more until Breaking Dawn comes out (in two parts) starting 11•11•11.
On a side note, my second biggest letdown was Alice.  She was one of my favorite characters in the whole books series and she was rarely in the movie at all.  Bummer.

Thing I Though Would Bother Me That Didn't:  Going to break this down as a list:
1.   The role of Victoria changing actresses.  Rachelle LeFevre was Victoria in Twilight and New Moon.  But due to some may-jah drama, she was recast in Eclipse and Bryce Dallas Howard (most recently she played John Connor's wife, Kate, in Terminator: Salvation).  I actually didn't really pay that much attention to it...they managed to make it not very obvious in my opinion so it didn't bother me.
2.   Bella's wig.  In the pictures that were leaked on the internet while they were filming had me really nervous because it looked BAD.  For those of you (again) under a rock, Kristen Stewart (the actress who plays Bella) had a role in between New Moon and Eclipse where she played Joan Jett in The Runaways.  She cut her hair and dyed it into Joan Jett's iconic black mullet.  Clearly they have some AMAZING film re-touchers at Summit because I didn't really notice it at all.  Rosalie's, however?  TERRIBLE.

Biggest Anticipation for Breaking Dawn:  Seeing how they do Renesmee (for those of you living under a ROCK, she is Bella and Edward's half vampire, half human child).  She grows at an alarming rate in the books and even as an infant, has a full set of teeth.  I want to see how they do this!  And the actress they choose because she is supposed to be breathtakingly beautiful.

On the whole, I'm going out on a limb to say Eclipse was my FAVORITE of the 3 so far...there, I've said it!  Are you a fan?  Have you seen the movie yet?  Give me your thoughts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment