About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am...a Christian, a wife, a "mother" to one Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix dog, a wine lover, a high heel enthusiast and a raging BAMA fan!!!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Looong Overdue

I've neglected you all and I'm so sorry!  Since we got back from the beach late the night of May 3 (I know, I know, 8 days ago...) I have been running like a crazy lady it seems!

We got back late the night of the 3rd and then I had a full schedule of work the rest of the week.  Add to that trying to get the house back in shape from the "great laundry explosion of 2010" following the trip and there you have it...

So the news...I weighed in Saturday (May 8th) and was up .8 pounds.  I still have not managed to convince myself that that is not that bad considering at the beach, I think I consumed my weight in Bushwhackers.  For those of you who don't vacation in the Orange Beach/Gulf Shores area, it is a drink made from...wait for it...Vodka, rum, creme de cacao (basically, a really thick chocolate syrup), coconut milk, half and half, and vanilla ice cream.  Yeah, those last two ingredients did me in I think!  But they are oh-so-yummy and every sip tasted like dessert in a glass!  I'm back on track this week with hopes of pulling myself out of the slump.  16.8 pounds shed from my body is still great!

Here is a picture right before the Rad 80's Birthday party we went to this past weekend for our friend Thomas Brandon's 30th Birthday.  I think we look pretty great!

How about that blue eye shadow and ice pink lipstick?  Yeah!

And a sweet picture of Jay and I from Mother's Day at my Aunt Sheila & Uncle Johnny's house. 

My great grandmother was there and bless her heart, she may not have a clue who any of us are, but she's a trooper.  She'll be 100 in October so look for her on the Today Show - I'm sending in her picture!

Lastly, this is also from Mother's Day of my (biological) sister on the right (Sarah) and my (not-so-biological) sister on the left (Dani) who lives/lived with my parents for a while this year.

Finally, I want to leave with you and AWESOME low points dinner!  After the bad I did the weekend of the beach trip and the week following, I need some low points meals!

2 oz grilled chicken breast - 2 Points
Romain lettuce leaves - 0 Points
Shredded carrots - 0 Points
2 Tbsp (total) of Thai Kitchen Sweet Chili Sauce (you can buy this in the Asian food aisle of any grocery store) - 1 Point
TOTAL = 3 Points (for all 3 of those wraps!)  It's actually very filling and I love the spicy kick!

Until next time...
Eat to live...don't live to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment