About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am...a Christian, a wife, a "mother" to one Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix dog, a wine lover, a high heel enthusiast and a raging BAMA fan!!!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Milestone Met!

Hello Slim Readers!!!  I am so happy to finally announce that I have met a major milestone in my weight loss journey.  I lost an amazing 4.2 pounds last week to put my total at 26.2 and I am officially at wedding day weight!  I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am!  Another 5 pounds and I will hit "Lifetime" status with Weight Watchers.  I plan to lose 10-15 more once I hit Lifetime, but once you hit that point, you don't have to pay for it anymore!  I couldn't wait to share that exciting news with you!

So I haven't posted a recipe or anything lately, and last night, I mad a great dinner that was so easy and very low points.  Jay gobbled it right up and comment several times on how good it was.  Here's the picture:

Grilled Pork chop (3 ounces) - 3 Points
2 Tbsp Jack Daniels Spicy Original BBQ sauce - 1 Point
Spicy Green Beans - 1/2 Point
Meal Total = 4.5 Points

So here's how I make the Spicy Green Beans.  I cut the ends off of the green beans.  You don't have to do this, but I tend to choke on the little stringy ends sometimes, so I cut them.  I put 2 cups of the beans in a non-stick skillet on the stove top and heat it over medium low with 1/2 cup of water, 1 tsp of olive oil and red pepper flakes, stirring often.  I think they were on the stove a total of 5-7 minutes.  Then you just divide them up on the plates.  That's it!  It's a nice spicy twist on snap green beans.

Until next time...
Eat to live, don't live to eat.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your loss!!!! And you are so close to lifetime, I'm jealous.

    Next time you make the green beans, try adding a shot of Low Sodium Soy sauce to them... it will make them a great asian side dish!!!
    Oh and I still love your plates. I saw them a few weeks back at BB&B on sale, and sooo almost bought them if Michael hadn't talked me out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, girls! Colleen - I've also made the green beans with soy sauce and reduced fat feta cheese. The feta makes it 2 points, but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm. I've got some fat free feta (at Krogers in the deli department) that I might have to try that.

    ReplyDelete