About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am...a Christian, a wife, a "mother" to one Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix dog, a wine lover, a high heel enthusiast and a raging BAMA fan!!!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Drumroll, Please....

I lost 2.2 pounds!  YEA!  You all have no idea how THRILLED I was with this!  My total weight loss now is finally at the biggest number so far on this journey!  23.6 pounds lost!  What an accomplishment my friends!  I would LOVE to lose 2.4 this upcoming Saturday (which would put me at 26 pounds lost and finally at my wedding day weight!) at weigh-in, but I have to be realistic also that any loss is great.  I finally feel like I'm back on track.  It really is true that when you count everything that graces your lips, even if you estimate a little high (which is what I do), it really pays off on the scales. 

Here is something I made last Saturday that we got several meals out of because it has 8 servings in it and it keeps really well!

Pasta Salad with Chicken
8 oz cooked (boiled) and chopped boneless skinless chicken breast
1 box of cooked Ronzoni Garden Delight Spiral Pasta (drained and cooled with cold water)
Half a can of drained black beans
1 can of sliced black olives
1.5 cups of chopped broccoli
8 tsp of shredded Parmesan cheese (like the Kraft kind)
Half a bottle of Kraft Light Parmesan Asiago Vinaigrette dressing
Mix all the ingredients together and toss it in the dressing.  Chill for about an hour before serving
8 servings per batch = 5 Points per serving
The good thing about this is the chicken and fiber make you feel really full and between the garden vegetable pasta and broccoli, there are 2 servings of veggies in every serving!

This recipe also makes a great meal in the summer when you don't want anything heavy or hot.  And it is so yummy!!!  Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, that's awesome! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the loss. And YUM on the recipe. I'm gonna have to make that one night!! Looks like a great lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! Oh my gosh that pasta salad looks really yummy. I'll have to try it!

    http://wearingitonmysleeves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete